BEFORE YOUR AIRBRUSH TAN:
1. In the shower, shave legs, underarms, etc. and exfoliate the skin afterwards with a pH-balanced, oil-free scrub or a new exfoliating mitt/glove, concentrating on rough areas at feet and ankles, elbows and knees. Mitts/gloves used to prepare for sunless tanning must be new and never used with any soap or other shower product as even a well-rinsed mitt/glove used previously with soap will re-deposit interfering product to your skin.
***Avoid bar soaps and salt-based or moisturizing spa-type scrubs as many will leave residue which interferes with the development of tanning solutions.***
Exfoliants intended for use before application of a DHA product may be found stocked with the sunless self-tanners in many stores. If you wish to purchase preparation and tan maintenance products from Toast before your appointment, please contact us by email to arrange for pick up as we are in by appointment, and often working outside the studio.
2. If you condition your hair, do so before you exfoliate. Do not apply deodorant, lotions, or perfumed products after your shower as these will interfere with absorption and development of the sunless solution.
3. Clients should wear an old, dark swimsuit, or undergarments, during their session. Some clients purchase an inexpensive swimsuit dedicated to their tanning sessions. For your convenience, disposable thongs which create minimal tan lines are available for purchase at the studio. We suggest a stick-on type bra for those who do not wish to go topless, but would not like strap lines. These are available at Victoria's Secret and Walmart.
4. Wear dark, loose clothing, and sandals to your session. Tight or restrictive apparel will damage your developing tan (I.e., socks, boots, blue jeans, exposed elastics) and is not recommended immediately after your session. A lightweight jogging suit or long cotton sun-dress, and flip-flops are ideal.
5. Wear lip balm or lipstick to your appointment.
6. For best results, schedule mani/pedis, massages and waxing procedures at least a day before your tan. Having these services after application of a sunless tan will result in uneven fading of the tan.
7. Have your umbrella handy for rainy day appointments!
NOTE: Female clients over the age of 18 may choose to tan topless or in the nude. Male clients may wear a thong if desired. Here's a link for those: http://www.mensunderwearstore.com/shop/underwear/underwear-thongs/
Clients under 18 must have a parental approval form and must wear a full swimsuit. Be assured that we are professionals and will make every effort to accommodate your needs and make you as comfortable as possible whatever you choose to wear.
While we have pre-tan products for use immediately before your session that can help the tanning solution adhere and develop properly, there is no substitute for your personal preparation. You may shower 6-8 hours after your session, and the longer you wait, the deeper your tan will be. The DHA solution does continue to develop over the next 24 hours and lasts up to 7 days depending on hydration and exfoliation, and individual body chemistry.